Friday, January 22, 2016

This is me

 This was about 7 years ago.  A bunch of us were on the Mesa doing drumming.  The person who took the photo was Sue my longtime email pal from Zurich  She hated Americans until she came for a visit.  The spot we chose was on the edge of the Navajo Reservation.  To get there we had to go past a couple of houses.  In the front yard at one were three teenage Native boys playing gold.   Having grown up on Western Movies as a kid I could not shake the feeling of how surreal the situation was.  We're off  "playing Indian" while the Natives are playing golf. 
There were about 10 of us and we stayed most of the night under a Full Moon.  I think in this photo the Mushrooms were starting to kick in.  As we sat on the edge of the cliff an owl would dive bomb us.  On the Rez you never know if what you are seeing is a real animal or a Shaman Helper.
Along the edge of the cliff about 10 feet in were a row of rocks maybe 100 feel long.  We were definitely on Sacred Space.  When we came back again the road was blocked.  We never went back.
While this photo was me, that person doesn't exist anymore.  Maybe 20 Timelines away.  So much has happened since.  My hair is now bobbed and white blond and I'm a bit more buffer. I have lost that chippy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment