Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Larry

To set up this story I probably have to introduce my friend Larry.

I met him after my divorce in 1980. I was with some friends having after hours coffee and he came over. My first impression was that this guy was just too strange to spend time with. I have come to realize that was part of his "act". When he started telling me things about myself that no one knew, and in a way that no one else realized what was going on, he got my attention.

He "knows" I am writing about him now, though I haven't talked to him for years and he is a thousand miles away.

His "act" is to hang out at the neighborhood bars in Valparaiso (Veil-of-Paradise) Indiana and engage people in crazy conversation. Because they don't take him serious they drop their guard and he goes in and washes their soul. A Baptism of sorts. I know because he did it to me.
My world view crumbled.

We spent a lot of time together that summer. The encounters were intoxicating. I would wake up from a sound sleep hearing him call me. When we went out to clubs it was like hanging out with Obi Wan. We were never stopped, never paid a cover charge, crowds parted as we walked through. I was never allowed to know how to reach him except mentally. It started out that I would "ping" back the vibe he was sending me. Then I piggybacked a musical note to the pings. After a couple of weeks I could send him "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and after a couple of months I could send arias. After that when we would go out to listen to music I realized I was pinging the bands. I've had singers come off stage and kiss my hand.

Because Larry was young at the time he got caught up in his power and his control over me. He could find me anywhere. He always knew what I was doing. My mind was totally accessible to him...until I learned to blank it out which just infuriated him. What a fabulous lesson that was. There would have been no way that mental control could have been taught any other way.
It took my mind from being incandescent to laser...on or off.

My encounters with Larry opened me up to all that has happened since.
Happy Birthday my good friend!

Aria
Valpo (where I was born 3-8-52 before dawn)
Rush - Spirit of the Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment