Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Detour

I don't know exactly what brought on the seizures. Could have been from soaking in the hot tub drinking Gin and Tonics while talking to the birds. Or being surrounded by power rocks and crystals. I'm thinking that going to Ms. K for acupuncture on my face while hooked up to electricity might have fried a few neurons. What ever.
But it triggered a bout of not "Being Here". Not in this body, not on this planet. I was made aware that this shell I call Beth is not who I am. I wasn't even of the same species as my mother sleeping in her bed. The Cat knew though and jumped on my lap, kneading my chest like kittens do, until it passed. She's stayed close to me since.
The small piece of Logic that remained knew I had to get grounded or I wouldn't come back. What use would I be then? So I hugged the Tree in the Grove in the back. It's where Mom feeds the birds all year and has the feel of a sanctuary. It's where I send all the excess energy while I drift off in the hot tub. I've been doing that for years. The land has become a vortex of sorts with the bird bath as the center. It's where I set out my rocks and crystals in the Full Moon Light.
The seizures left me a bit "fluffy" for awhile and everyone shuffled me about during Thanksgiving, setting me in the corner till the parties were over. I didn't tell them what had happened. They wouldn't have understood. We all blamed my vacancy on the acupuncture. I couldn't focus on anything so Angela will EBay my necklaces after Christmas when she gets back from California.

No comments:

Post a Comment