Monday, April 12, 2010

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings


My mother called me this morning. She said she had a dream that her canary flew away and when she found it, the bird was with hundreds of others so she left it be.

I've just left my mother's home where I visited for 6 weeks. It wasn't a planned visit, but sometimes Spirit has other ideas. It was the best visit we ever had. Mom was a teen when she had me so there have been "issues" between us that colored my relationship with the rest of the family. We didn't discuss anything heavy. In the past I've tried to get her to "SEE Me". This time I tried to respect her space and we fell into a cozy routine. Maybe for the first time she did't look past me when she talked to me.

I've been in Durango for a week now. I've given myself a couple weeks just to get used to the move. I spent 3 days holed up without opening the curtains. I let go of "stuff" that I didn't want to follow me here. In a dream I washed the soot off a cloth. People gathered to watch a Full Moon Rise. It was huge and yellow on the horizon.

I'm starting to explore the town. I'm Home.
The first time in my entire life I feel I'm home.
The Mountain in the photos is where my Home is at.

The Poem
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/i-know-why-the-caged-bird-sings/

No comments:

Post a Comment